Autumn Internet Hunt
Directions: Click the colored, linked words to go to a site
with the question's answer.
1. When I think of autumn, apple cider often comes to mind.
2. Phenology is the study of the seasonal timing of life cycle events.
3. How does a black bear prepare for hibernation?
You get in a disagreement with a person about how many black bears live in your state.
Go to the agency's website - How many black bears live in your state?
How would a species range map, help you prove there are black bears in your community?
4. Contrary to most flowering plants, Hamamelis
virginiana flowers in the fall.
How do some people use it?
5. According to this poem, how did a boy become Jack Frost?
6. "Fall" is an example of a homonym. What is a homonym?
Which homonym set gives you the most trouble when you are writing? (Homonym list)
7. In late summer and fall, many animals are busy gathering or consuming
Write three examples of animals in your state that gather mast.
List 5 natural or man caused events could impact the amount of mast that is available.
How would the loss of mast producing plants or trees impact these animals?
(Hey, did you realize that mast is a homonym? It's like they are everywhere.)
8. Your school's student council decides to suggest a pumpkin patch as
a project and fund raiser.
a. What kind of site will you need?
b. When will you need to plant the seeds so that the pumpkins will be
c. Other than the dirt/space, what other thing will the school need to
contribute to the project?
9. Your grandmother lives in Florida. She tells you how she misses the
changing color of the leaves in the fall.
10. Are you entering a corn maze? You'll
find the legend of Theseus and the Minotaur helpful.
11. Watch - Mrs. Burk Perimeter Rap video at SchoolTube.
Write the two formulas she sings.
Jack's dog has run away three times. His parents decided to fence in the
12. Wooden stockade fencing is sold in 8 ft lengths that cost $42 each.
Posts are $9.86 each.
14. Happy Autumnal Equinox! What is that?
Use your online research skills to determine the date of this year's the Autumnal Equinox.
"Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower." ~ Albert Camus
Done already? Nice job!
Internet Hunts / Constitution & Civics / Nature / Computers / Problem & Project Based Learning / Puzzles & Projects / Site map / Home
All trademarks, copyright and logos belong to their respective
Save a tree - use a Digital Answer Sheet: Highlight the text of the questions on this web page, copy them - Edit .. Copy. Open a text document or word processing document. Paste the questions into the blank document. Answer the questions in the word processing document in a contrasting color ( not yellow) or font (avoid fancy fonts like: , Symbol, or . Save frequently as you work. I do not like losing my work. You will not like it either. Put your name and the date in a header. Bad things happen. Retain a copy of your work on your computer. Submit your assignment via a class electronic drop box or email attachment.
Proof your responses. It is funny how speling errors and typeos sneak in to the bets work. Make Your Own Printed answer sheet