Directions: Click on the colored, underlined words to follow the link. Find
the answer and write it on your answer sheet.
1. For those of us who live in Northeastern America, the
brightly colored, fall leaves are a glorious sight.
2. One way to sort trees is to identify them as deciduous or evergreen.
Explain the difference.
Some people think that weather changes in the fall cause the deciduous trees to lose their leaves.
Weather is a factor in the coloration of the leaves
3. The Hickory
is a very useful tree. (Scroll down to Hickory Wood Characteristics)
Name a nut you have eaten.
Check it out - Does the nut you ate grow on a tree, like a hickory nut does? (Research required)
4. Pumpkins are popping up practically everywhere!
Is this: the same as | kind of like | or very different from - the way you've had pumpkin pie.
5. Chickadees gather
and store seeds to prepare
6. October 5th is National Change a Light day.
7. Frost is a form of precipitation. How is frost formed?
9. The Khan Academy website provides free, online videos that explain many areas of mathematics.
I watched -
10. Write the names of the states that border your home state. Use an online map if you need help.
Helpful advice. Employing an organized way of writing the names will help you avoid missing a state.
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear." - Mark Twain
Pythagorean theorem - Watch the Pythagorean theorem MathFLIX videos listed in the index.
2001 Cynthia J. O'Hora revised 9/2010, posted 10/2001 | updated 9/2023
How to make a digital answer sheet: Highlight the text of the questions on this web page, copy them - Edit .. Copy. Open a text document or word processing document. Paste the questions into the blank document. Answer the questions in the word processing document in a contrasting color (not yellow) or font ( Avoid fancy fonts like , Symbol, or ). Save frequently as you work. I do not like losing my work. You will not like it either. Put your name and the date in a document header. You may be working on this project at home, the public library and at school. Proof your responses. It is funny how speling errors and typeos sneak in to the bets work. Make Your Own Printed answer sheet