May Internet Activity #2
1. Each year, ceremonies at Arlington National Cemetery honor the sacrifices of those who died for our country.
How does your community honor Memorial Day?
What role do you play in your community's events or how do you honor Memorial Day?
2. Visit the Journey North website about migration and seasonal changes.
Name an animal that is migrating now.
Has the animal reached your state?
Is the animal going North or South? East or West, up or down?
Uncle Archi, who lives in Maine, is wondering when he should put out his hummingbird feeders.
What tool on the website did you use to answer Uncle Archi question?
3. Select two colors found in your state's flag. Write the names of the colors in 4 different languages.
4. The word compass is an example of a homophone or homonym. Explain.
Identify another example of a confusing word in the English language.
5. Check out the Encyclopedia of the Sanctuary of the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands.
You are to make a similar encyclopedia about nature found in your locality.
Which groups would you include?
Name one locally found species for each group you listed.
6. Watch the MathFLIX video about ratios.
Write the ratios for your class.
Girls to boys
Girls to class
Class to teacher(s)
The school district reports that the student to computer ratio is 10:1.
7. May 1st is Law Day in the USA. What is meant by the phrase "the rule of law?"
Finished already? Extend your efforts
*Explore the winning entry in the C-Span Student online videos 2012 | Student Cam videos winner 2013 and
Which is the best? Explain your choice.
Internet Hunts / Nature / Problem Based Learning / Plants & People / Puzzles & Projects / Site map / Home
Published April 2007 Cynthia J. O'Hora
Updated April 2023
Save a tree - use a Digital Answer Sheet: Highlight the text of the questions on this web page, copy them - Edit .. Copy. Open a text document or word processing document. Paste the questions into the blank document. Answer the questions in the word processing document in a contrasting color ( not yellow) or font (avoid fancy fonts like: , Symbol, or . Save frequently as you work. I do not like losing my work. You will not like it either. Put your name and the date in a header. Bad things happen. Retain a copy of your work on your computer. Submit your assignment via a class electronic drop box or email attachment.
Proof your responses. It is funny how speling errors and typeos sneak in to the bets work. Make Your Own Printed answer sheet