Charting eggs ele
All about Birds ele/ms
Collecting data ele/ms
Nest Box Log ele/ms/hs
Life Cycles ele/ms
Mapping Birds ele/ms/hs
Feather Facts ms/hs
Scientific Thinking ele/ms/hs
Systems & Controls ms/hs
Science Journal Entry ms/hs
Make Puzzle ele/ms/hs
Ecology Vocabulary ms/hs
Other Nestbox residents:
House Wren Chicks Photos
The House Wren chicks are beginning to develop feathers.
Click on the nest image to open a close up view.
Make some observations.
1. How many chicks are there in the nest?
2. The bills of the chicks are _________________________________.
3. The chicks are ______________________________________________.
4. The nest is made of __________________________________________.
5. The chicks are Altricial or precocial?
6. In which season do you think the photo was taken?
Autumn / Winter / Summer / Spring
Adult House Wren scolding from a tree
To learn more about House Wrens, visit Cornell University's bird web site: http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/House_Wren/id
House Wren (Troglodytes aedon) by Carrie Black
M-W Visual Dictionary - Birds
BirdSleuth: Investigating Evidence - free materials from Cornell University
Other potential nest box inhabitants:
2002 Cindy O'Hora, Updated 7/2008, Posted May 2002
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License.