Charting eggs ele
All about Birds ele/ms
Collecting data ele/ms
Nest Box Log ele/ms/hs
Life Cycles ele/ms
Mapping Birds ele/ms/hs
Feather Facts ms/hs
Scientific Thinking ele/ms/hs
Systems & Controls ms/hs
Science Journal Entry ms/hs
Make Puzzle ele/ms/hs
Ecology Vocabulary ms/hs
Other Nestbox residents:
All about Birds Exercise
1. What makes a bird - a bird? What characteristics do all birds have in common?
2. Bluebirds belong to the Order - Passeriformes.
3. There are over 60 Families in the Order - Passeriformes!
4. Name another bird, that is found in your state,
5. Use this resource to write 4 tips on identifying a Bluebird.
6. Read this article about bird wings titled Not Perfect .
7. How does preening help birds survive? Read Lube Job to learn an answer.
8. Read this article called Bills, Bills, Bills. Which kind of bird bill do Bluebirds have?
9. How do birds deal with damaged feathers? Read - Worn Out
Fly farther by learning about feathers.
Learn more: Variation - grouping things
NPWRC - Bluebirds
BirdSleuth: Investigating Evidence - free materials from Cornell University
Save a tree - use a Digital Answer Format - Highlight the text. Copy it. Paste it in a word processing document. Save the document in your folder. Answer on the word processing document. Save frequently as you work. Be sure to enter your name and the date in a document header. Submit the digital document.
Proof your responses. It is funny how speling errors and typeos sneak in to the bets work.
Cindy O'Hora Posted September 2008, Updated links 2/2011