Government by the People - Initiative and Referendum
Consider the thoughts of several of our founding fathers.
Some people are working to establish citizen ballot initiative.
1. What is a citizen ballot initiative?
2. Does your state or commonwealth allow citizen ballot initiatives?
If your state permits citizen ballot initiatives, what is the process?
3. What percentage of the states currently provide for citizen ballot initiatives?
4. Which recent citizen ballot initiative would you have supported and why?
5. Do you support permitting citizen ballot initiatives and why?
6. Describe several ways that students like yourself can work positively to support passage of a citizen ballot initiative.
7. Conduct a class poll: Should a National ballot initiative be enacted?
posted 2/2007 by Cynthia J. O'Hora, In the spirit of Thomas Paine - released to public domain
Aligned with the following Pennsylvania
Academic Standards - Reading, Writing Speaking, History, Civics and
Government, Mathematics, Civics, Science and Technology.
Save a tree - use a digital answer format - Highlight the text. Copy it. Paste it in a word processing document. Save the document in your folder. Answer on the word processing document in a contrasting color (not yellow) or font (avoid , or other ornate artistic fonts). Save frequently as you work. Or perhaps you have the resources to record verbal answers. If you do, be sure to first read / record the question. Then record the answer immediately after it. Make your own answer sheet.
Proof your responses. It is funny how speling errors and typeos sneak in to the bets worck.