U. S. Constitution - Preamble
1. The word "Preamble" means - (Look it up in the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary)
2. According to the Preamble of the U. S. Constitution, the Constitution applies to -
3. Think about it - Have groups of people been excluded from the protections and rights of the U. S. Constitution?
If you say yes, name one group.
The Preamble states 6 goals. Write them.
Check it out -
1. Review the Comparison and Contrast Guide @ ReadWriteThink - online activity through "Organizing a Paper ".
Compare the Preamble of the Constitution of your state/commonwealth with the U. S. Constitution's Preamble.
What are the similarities?
2. Constitutional calculation - What percentage of the state constitutions, of the United States of America, begin with the phrase "We the People"?
"Gouverneur Morris ---the one-legged genius who drafted the Constitution ---- is perhaps the least known today.
posted 9/2006 In the spirit of Thomas Paine - released to public domain by Cynthia J. O'Hora UTD 11/2012
Aligned with the following Pa
Academic Standards - Reading, Writing Speaking, History, Civics and
Government, Mathematics, Civics, Science and Technology
Save a tree - use a digital answer format - Highlight the text. Copy it. Paste it in a word processing document. Save the document in your folder. Answer on the word processing document in a contrasting color (not yellow) or font (avoid , or other ornate artistic fonts). Save frequently as you work. Or perhaps you have the resources to record verbal answers. If you do, be sure to first read / record the question. Then record the answer immediately after it. Make your own answer sheet
Proof your responses. It is funny how speling errors and typeos sneak in to the bets worck.
Tech Tip: Working in a group or in two different places like the library & home? You do not have to be physically together to work together. Watch Google Docs video TAI - How could you use Google Docs to do a project? How would this facilitate group projects?