Thomas Paine's Common Sense was published in Philadelphia on Jan. 10, 1776. It was published anonymously.
Listen to Common Sense in mp3 audio format.
* Paine wrote "Government is best that governs least. Society represents all that is good about humanity,
What grade do you believe Paine would give our current government of the United States? Explain.
* Examine the life of Thomas Paine. Where was he born? What was his place in society? Where is he buried?
* How has our nation recognized Paine for his important contributions to the American Revolution?
* Watch: Timeline Introduction to Benjamin Banneker -
* If Paine were alive today, what communication resource(s) would he use to disseminate his messages?
"He was the equal of Washington in making American liberty possible.
1. Nelson, Craig, Thomas Paine: Enlightenment, Revolution, and the Birth of Modern Nations, Viking Adult, September 21, 2006
posted 5/2007 In the spirit of Thomas Paine - released to public domain by Cynthia J. O'Hora
Save a tree - use a Digital Answer Format - Highlight the text. Copy it. Paste it in a word processing document. Save the document in your folder. Put your name and the date in a header. Answer on the word processing document in a contrasting color (not yellow) or font (avoid symbol, , or other ornate artistic fonts). Save frequently as you work. I do not like losing mine. You will not like it either. Submit your response via a class drop box or email. Bad things happen: Save a copy of your work on your computer. Or perhaps you have the resources to record verbal answers. If you do, be sure to first read / record the question. Then record the answer immediately after it. Make your own answer sheet.
Proof read your responses. It is funny how speling errors and typeos sneak in to the bets worck.