March Internet Activity
Directions: Use the links provided to find the answers to the questions. Use the History menu to return to this page. Hold down on History at the top of the web browser. A menu that lists recent pages appears. Select this web page. printer version
March 3, 1913, she organized a Suffrage parade of 8,000 women to march
up Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington D.C.
These women were fighting for ....
How did the crowds react to the peaceful parade of suffragists?
Was this appropriate? (Support your answer)
2. What was the Irish name for a shamrock? _______________________________________
3. On March 23, 1775, Patrick Henry gave a speech about
liberty and freedom.
"I know not what course others may take;
4. Aquamarine is the birthstone for March. Use this website's resources to find out ...
How many sides does its crystal have? (thinking or perhaps research may be required)
5. The soothsayer warned Caeser,
"Beware the Ides of March".
6. Etexts are books that you can read
online. Louisa May Alcott wrote the book Little Women.
How common are each of those names among your classmates?
7. The Vernal Equinox happens every March. What is it?
8. In Earth's Northern Hemisphere, Spring begins on March 20 or 21st at 19:55 UT (Universal
What is the time zone where you live?
I live in Pennsylvania which observes eastern standard time.
9. During March, people begin collecting sap for making maple syrup.
How much sap does it take to make one gallon of maple syrup?
(Helpful hint. Use the Find command to scan the text rather
than read the whole page. To do this go Edit ... Find.
Think about it - What process is used to reduce the sap to syrup? Write/type the correct one on your answer sheet
organization / conglomeration / evaporation / dilution / deviation / clarifying
10. Name the famous children's author born on March 2nd.
Write the title of one of his books that you have enjoyed.
Who is your favorite author?
What is their best book?
11. The official march of the United States is John Philip
Sousa's "The Stars and
Be sure to listen to it before you continue. Have you heard it before?
13. What happened during General Sherman's March to the Sea?
14. In August 1963, The
March on Washington occurred.
Who gave the speech?
People give speeches every day. Why is this speech remembered?
How does their clothing create cohesiveness in their group?
Grade their performance.
Done Already? Practice using these Internet based forms to obtain information.
MYOP - Write a new problem that would require similar math skills and strategies to solve.
MathFlix is an outstanding website with hundreds of videos that help you understand ideas and problem solving.
* Find a significant event that happened in March. Go to
* Name a famous person who was born in March and explain why they
* Watch Khan Academy's Math video: Taking percentages - What strategy is used to solve the problem?
* Science - Observation skill builders - Complete one
"An investment in knowledge always gives the best return" - Benjamin Franklin
Posted March 2000 Cynthia
J. O'Hora updated 2/2017
Save a tree - use a Digital Answer Sheet: Highlight the text of the questions on this web page, copy them - Edit .. Copy. Open a text document or word processing document. Paste the questions into the blank document. Answer the questions in the word processing document in a contrasting color ( not yellow) or font (avoid fancy fonts like: , Symbol, or . Save frequently as you work. I do not like losing my work. You will not like it either. Put your name and the date in a header. Bad things happen. Retain a copy of your work on your computer. Submit your assignment via a class electronic drop box or email attachment.
Proof your responses. It is funny how speling errors and typeos sneak in to the bets work. Make Your Own Printed answer sheet
Tech Tip: Working in a group or in two different places like the library & home? You do not have to be physically together to work together.