1. The author, Howard Fast, wrote many books set during
the time of the American Revolution.
2. What happened to Mr. Fast's books after the above occurred?
3. Vocabulary - Use this online dictionary to find the meaning of the following words:
Find a synonym for:
4. This book is set in colonial Massachusetts. Is there really a Menotomy,
5. The story is told as a first person recollection of
the events of the day. Here
is another account.
Write two similarities.
Write two disparities.
6. In the tale, Adam recalls playing a game called Pontiac.
It was named after a Native American.
7. Adam mentions Buckman's Tavern several times. What were the roles of taverns in the 1800's?
9. More than part of a weapon, what other role did musket balls play in Colonial America?
Why? (Listen to the virtual lecture)
10. What happened to the midnight riders who warned the people the British were coming?
11. Explore this interactive site about Daily
life during Colonial times.
12. Like Adam's father, Sybil Ludington acted to support liberty. Explain.
Extend your thinking:
Are the facts straight? This is a work of historical fiction.
It is based on actual events.
* Explore the Minute
Man National Historic Park.
* The Shot Heard 'Round the World video
* School House Rock Shot Heard Round the World America Rock (YouTube)
* You are to write a historical fiction story about
* Evaluate - Was it Paul Revere who rode into Adam's town to raise the alarm? "Paul Revere's Ride"
have never known a man whose love of country was more ardent or sincere.." John Adams.
* Make a Book Trailer with Photo Story 3 free software and free tutorial
Internet Hunts / Nature / Project & Problem based Learning / Computers / Pennsylvania Projects / Puzzles & Projects / Site map / Home
All trademarks, copyright and logos belong to their respective
Released to public domain in honor of all the revolutionary heroines like Sybil Ludington. 3/2009
How to make a Digital Answer Format : Highlight the text of the questions on this web page, copy them -Go Edit .. Copy. Open a text document or word processing document. Paste the questions into the blank document. Answer the questions in the word processing document in a contrasting color ( not yellow) or font (avoid fancy fonts like , Symbol, or . Save frequently as you work. I do not like losing my work. You will not like it either. Submit your assignment via an electronic class drop box or email attachment. Bad things happen. Save a copy of your work on your computer.
Proof your responses. It is funny how speling errors and typeos sneak in to the bets work. Make Your Own Printed answer sheet
Tech Tip: Working in a group or in two different places like the library & home? You do not have to be physically together to work together.