Anna Sunday Internet Hunt by
Directions: Click the linked
words to go to a site with the question's answer. The answer
is often on the page you are linked to. A few questions require you to
use an appropriate link to another page, to find the answer.
1. Mister Eli fears Anna and Jed are "minions of One Eyed Pete". What is a minion?
Look it up at: WordCentral
To whom are you a minion?
2. Mr. Eli has Jed and Roscoe wear ties to the meal. If
someone told you to wear a "black tie" to a dinner,
3. Is there really a Vale
Of Glamorgan, Wales? Let's look in Wales!
4. What was a sutler?
5. Mr. Eli gives the children laudanum in their ginger
6. Why did Anna want to give her father Boneset tea?
8. "Battle Hymn of the Republic" is mentioned several
times in the story.
NPR has written that the song is the other national anthem.
What is our national anthem?
What song best describes how you feel about The United States of America?
9. Define these words using this online resource.
10. Was the story told of Stonewall Jackson accurate according to this account?
Look it up online:
11. You probably think of braces as a way to straighten
teeth. But in past times it meant an article of clothing.
12. Joshua shows a geode to Adam. Write three facts about geodes.
13. Explore the author. Use this website to glean these facts.
a. Other than author, what job has she had?
b. What kind of books does she write?
c. How many books has she had published?
d. Write as a fraction - the number of books she has written compared with the number of her books that have heroines.
* Explore Winchester County, Virginia
* In the Valley of the Shadow - Two Communities in the American Civil War.
* Find out about Hans Christian Anderson. He authored the story Thumbelina http://hca.gilead.org.il/
What was Thumbelina's other name?
When did he write the tale?
Anderson was a citizen of what nation?
Internet Hunts / Nature / Plants and People / Pennsylvania Projects / Computers / Puzzles & Projects / Site map / Home
Save a tree use a Digital Answer Format - Highlight the text. Copy it. Paste it in a word processing document. Save the document in your folder. Answer on the word processing document in a contrasting color (not yellow) or font (avoid fancy ones like , ). Be sure to enter your name and the date in a document header. Or perhaps you have the resources to record verbal answers. If you do, be sure to first read / record the question. Then record the answer immediately after it.MYO Printed answer sheet.
Tech Tip: Working in a group or in two different places like the library & home? You do not have to be physically together to work together.
Aligned with Pennsylvania Academic Standards Science and Technology, Arts, Reading, Ecology & Environment, Writing, History, Civics and Government