1. Write three things all amphibians have in common.
2. Some bullfrogs live in a bayou.
3. If you wanted to find a frog, which place is your best bet?
4. Different animals are active at different times of the day.
Which one are you?
5. Bullfrogs are: (Hint: You might want to use an online dictionary to learn the meanings of these words.)
Which are you?
Are people sometimes prey?
Listen to a bullfrog's call.
6. Name three amphibians, including one frog, that can be found in your state.
7. Write the four stages in the life cycle of frogs. Frog's Life (Time for Kids) Sesame Street animated version on Youtube
8. Watch - Frogs! video @YouTube
What are four measurements a scientist studying frogs would make?
9. Scientists sort organisms to study them. They use a process called Classification or Taxonomy to describe
Fill in the missing information to classify bullfrogs using this information at Animal Diversity Web
Choose another organism from the story. Fill in the classification for it. (Some are from the illustrations)
Duckweed, crayfish, spanish moss, sphinx moth, black-crowned heron, raccoon, cricket frog,
10. Read about a case of deformed frogs in Minnesota, USA . What can people learn from observing species?
How does pollution impact a bayou or other wetland?
Amphibian Facts Activity - doc. format | pdf. format
Make a pamphlet, a computer presentation or a poster about frogs. Explain their role in the ecosystem.
Draw the life cycle of an amphibian.
“It's not easy being green.” Kermit T. Frog
Internet Hunts / Plants and People / Puzzles & Projects / Pennsylvania Projects / Water & Watersheds Study Unit / Home
Nature / Milkweed & Monarch Butterfly Mania / Bluebirds at School / Best Treat of All / Fields & Meadows / Lentic or Lotic ecosystem?
All trademarks, copyright and logos belong to their
Cindy O'Hora, updated 6/2021
Save a tree - How to make a Digital Answer Sheet: Highlight the text of the questions on this web page, copy them - Edit .. Copy. Open a text document or word processing document. Paste the questions into the blank document. Answer the questions in the word processing document in a contrasting color (NOT YELLOW) or font (avoid fancy fonts like: , Symbol, or ). Save frequently as you work. I do not like losing my work. You will not like it either. Submit your assignment via an electronic class dropbox or email attachment. Save a copy of your work on your computer.
Proof read your responses. It is funny how speling errors and typeos sneak in to the bets work. | Make Your Own Printed answer sheet.
1 Science NetLinks Benchmark 1- Nature of science - How science works