"Celebrity distorts democracy by giving the rich, beautiful, and famous more authority than they deserve." Maureen Dowd
Online Resources: Harness the Internet to get started with this project. You may also use print resources and video based information. If you use a resource not listed here, document it in your cited works (bibliography).
1. Take a look at the Time: Person of the Century web site for some ideas on criteria and organization.
2. CNN Heroes - Be sure to read about the Young Wonders
3. Yahoo - use the Web Site directory to "tunnel down" for info
4. Check out your county or state historical society or your state's official web site for help.
8. Prominent Pennsylvanians web project if you are searching for Pennsylvanians.
Posted 10/2005 by Cindy O'Hora