|Revolutionary War on Wednesday Internet Hunt |
based on the book in the Magic Tree House series by Mary Pope Osborne
Directions: Use the links provided
to find the answers to the questions.
1. Jack and Annie go on this quest to help Morgan save Camelot. What is Camelot?
2. The children come upon some Continental Army soldiers preparing
to cross the Delaware River.
Example: Our flag has Fifty stars for Fifty states and thirteen stripes for the thirteen original colonies.
3. The artist, Emmaneul Gottlieb Leutze, painted a beautiful
picture of the Washington Crossing the Delaware.
Annie is substituted for someone. Who has she replaced?
4. Washington reads from a paper written by the patriot, Thomas Paine. What was the paper called?
5. What did President John Adams say about the writings of Thomas Paine?
6. What is the name of the place where the troops crossed the river?
7. Compare the facts.
How many hours you will spend at school today?
Which is longer: your day at school or the army's crossing?
What is the difference?
8. Write two important facts about George Washington.
9. General Washington uses boats to cross the river. Imagine
Jack and Annie tell him a boating
10. Write two facts about the Delaware River.
11. What were some of the challenges the Continental Army faced that Christmas night?
12. General Washington used passwords to protect the army and
Think about it. You are assigned the task of suggesting passwords to General Washington.
"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too
Done Already? GOOD WORK!
Tackle the Revolutionary War on Wednesday crossword puzzle.
Watch the movie called Winter Patriots on the Mount Vernon web site. Exceptional
The U.S. Mint is giving each state its own quarter. Which state's quarter has Washington Crossing the Delaware on it?
Check it out. The title says this event took place on a Wednesday. Use this Perpetual calendar to see if that is true. I was born on a Saturday. On what day of the week were you born?
Learn and Explore the painting Washington Crossing the Delaware.
Watch the web movie The Shot Heard Round the World. (This may take a few minutes to load, but it is so remarkable it is well worth the time.)
2005 Cynthia J. O'Hora. In the spirit of Thomas Paine released to public domain. posted June 2005 updated 11/2018
Revolutionary action - use a Digital Answer Sheet: Highlight the text of the questions on this web page, copy them - Edit .. Copy. Open a text document or word processing document. Paste the questions into the blank document. Answer the questions in the word processing document in a contrasting color ( not yellow) or font (avoid fancy fonts like: , Symbol, or . Save frequently as you work. I do not like losing my work. You will not like it either. Put your name and the date in a header. Bad things happen. Retain a copy of your work on your computer. Submit your assignment via a class electronic drop box or email attachment.
Proof your responses. It is funny how speling errors and typeos sneak in to the bets work. Make Your Own Printed answer sheet