Haunted Castle on Hallows Eve Internet Hunt
Directions: Click on the
underlined words - links to find the answers
to the questions.
1. Jack and Annie look for Merlin in the heart of an oak tree.
2. The children enter the castle by going to the gatehouse. Why were Gate Houses
built on castles?
3. Jack and Annie walk right up to the castle. At
Beaumaris Castle, Wales they could not do that.
Raven video at BBC (on youtube)
Write a question about ravens.
5. In the story, The Snow Queen, a little girl is helped by a bird. What is the girl's name?
Did the bird help the little girl in The Snow Queen, in the same way that the raven helped Jack in this story?
6. The children must think of words that rhyme with tree.
Use this rhyming dictionary to look
7. Most plants flower in the spring. When does the witch hazel flower bloom?
Extra Credit: Teddy uses the hazel wood stick as
8. Mary Pope Osborne had many jobs before she became an
I Think - Essay: Ms Osborne says, "I'm always aiming for a combination of fun, adventure and learning.".
Are you finished already? Good for you!
All trademarks, copyright and logos belong to their respective owners.