Haunted Castle on Hallows Eve Internet Hunt
Directions: Click on the
underlined words - links to find the answers
to the questions.
1. Jack and Annie look for Merlin in the heart of an oak tree.
On which continent is the country of England located?
2. The children enter the castle by going to the gatehouse.
Why were Gate Houses
built on castles?
3. Jack and Annie walk right up to the castle. At
Beaumaris Castle, Wales they could not do that.
4. There are birds called ravens in the story. Some people think ravens are crows.
Raven video at NGS Write a question about ravens.
5. In the story, The Snow Queen, a little girl is helped by a bird.
Did the bird help the little girl in The Snow Queen, in the same way
6. The children must think of words that rhyme with tree.
Use this rhyming dictionary to look
up tree. | WriteExpress
7. Most plants flower in the spring. When does the witch hazel flower?
Extra Credit: Teddy uses the hazel wood stick as
What is it?
8. Mary Pope Osborne had many jobs before she became an
I Think - Essay:
Ms Osborne says, "I'm always aiming for a combination of fun, adventure and learning.".
Was she successful in this book? Explain.
Are you finished already? Good for you!
All trademarks, copyright and logos belong to their respective owners.