The Legend of the Lady Slipper Activity
Directions: Bookmark this web page. Use the links provided to find the answers to the
1. This is a legend of the Ojibwe people. Underline the continent where the Ojibwe people live.
Underline the name of the continent on which you live.
2. During her walk, the girl must have been wishing for
3. Ojibwe children are born into a clan. There were 7 clans. The child was taught the special skills of their clan.
Which clan do you think the little girl belonged to?
If you could choose to belong to a clan, which would you choose? Why?
4. Your class will be building a wigwam. Make a list of the materials will you need.
.5. The northern lights appear in the night sky. What causes the northern lights?
I have never seen them. Have you ever seen the northern lights?
Offline Survey - What percentage of your classmates have seen the Northern Lights?
Can they live outside at your school?
Where should they be planted at your school so they can thrive?
7. The heroine crosses the frozen lake in the story. Was this wise or foolish? Explain
Arroyo illustrated the story.
Where does she live now?
9. In the story, the little girl goes for the plants needed
to make a medicine.
Take the challenge!
Internet Hunts / Nature / Plants and People / Computers / Puzzles & Projects / Problem based Learning / Site map / Home
©2005 Cynthia J O'Hora.
All rights reserved. This hunt may not be distributed or reposted elsewhere.
Tech Tip: Working in a group or in two different places like the library & home? You do not have to be physically together to work together.