Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Scavenger Hunt by Cindy O'Hora
Directions: Use the links
provided to find the answers to the questions.
1. Harry Potter's pet is a snowy owl named Hedwig. What does a snowy owl eat?
2. In Professor Sprout's herbology class, Harry learns the many uses of plants.
How did people in the 14th (fourteenth) century use mint?
3. Harry searches for the famous Sorcerer's Stone.
How big is it?
Write one other fact about it.
4. Harry looks into the Mirror of Erised and sees his
Write Erised backwards:
5. Fluffy guards the Sorcerer's Stone.
6. How old was J. K. Rowling when she wrote her first story?
the zoo, Harry discovers he can talk to snakes.
8. The ghost Peeves is a nasty fellow.
Enter the term pet peeve and search for the answer.
9. What does Dumbledore mean? (Look under Commentary Ethmology at the bottom of the page.)
Think it through:
10. In the Philosopher's Stone book, Harry goes to "Platform 9¾ at King's Cross Railway station in London" to catch the train to school
a. How do you get to school?
b. Conduct a survey of your classmates. How do they get to school?
What percentage of them get to school the same way you do?
Fun stuff when you are done:
* Good writers use effective grammar in every sentence. Go to this funbrain puzzle and sharpen your grammar skills.
* Genetic Traits in Harry Potter | WOW - plethora of HP worksheets and printables
* You are in Professor Sprout's Herbology class. Go to Green Thumbs @ Future Channel. Conduct the experiment. What are your findings?
* Do another Harry Potter literature hunt: Chamber / Azkaban
* Making Book Trailers with Photo Story 3 free software and free tutorial
* Make a set of Character Trading Cards. (ReadWriteThink) - Planning sheet
* Make a character trait word cloud
* Secret Message Chocolate Frogs worksheet
Internet Hunts / Nature / Plants and People / Computers / Pennsylvanians / Puzzles & Projects / Site map / Home
©2000 Cindy O'Hora.
All Rights Reserved. This hunt may not be distributed or reposted elsewhere.
Save a tree use a digital answer format - Highlight the text. Copy it. Paste it in a word processing document. Save the document in your folder. Answer on the word processing document in a contrasting color (not yellow) or font (avoid fancy ones like: , ). Or perhaps you have the resources to record verbal answers. If you do, be sure to first read / record the question. Then record the answer immediately after it.MYO Printed answer sheet.