Harry Potter and the Prisoner of
Azkaban Internet Hunt
Use the colored
links provided to find the
answers to the questions. Use the Go menu to jump past
several pages just viewed to return to this hunt one.
Sometimes when you visit a web site a second (popup) window
1. Sirius, Harry's godfather, can change into a dog. What does Sirius mean?
2. Professor Lupin can change
a werewolf. His nickname is
3. Hermione's hourglass helped her travel through time. In the 16th
century, sailors used hourglasses on ships.
Calculate: How many times a day would they have to turn the hour glass?
4. An animagus is a person who can change
into an animal.
5. The author of Harry Potter books is J. K Rowling. What do her initials stand for?
6. In the story, the dementors are the
guards at the Askaban Prison. What does the word dement
7. Imagine you go to Hogsmeade and visit
Honeydukes. You buy a bag of Every Flavor Beans.
How many beans are in the bag?
The bag costs 38 sickles. How much is each bean? Do the math!
What percentage of the total flavors sound appealing to you?
8. Filch is the name of the school's
caretaker. Check out these
synonyms for the word filch.
9. The boggart really scares Harry. What other children's author wrote a story with a boggart?
10. Professor Trelawney uses a crystal ball to predict the future. What mineral is used to make crystal balls?
11. Tame the problema words. Newt Dumblesnitch can do it. So can you.
Explore more Harry Potter web resources. Check out this terrific collection by Midge Frazel.
Watch: Timeline Introduction to Benjamin Banneker - Make a timeline for the one of the characters in the story.
It may be printed "as is" for use in a nonprofit setting. Updated 11/07, posted 3/2001 by Cindy O'Hora