Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Internet Hunt
Directions: Use the colored links provided to find the answers to the questions. You can use the Back button of your browser to return to this page. Or use the Go menu, to jump past several pages just viewed, to return to this one. Printer Version
1. Harry and Ron fly in a car to Hogwarts. What color is the car?
Would that color help to hide the car or make it glaringly visible in the sky? Why?
Think about it. - Name another story where a character uses an unusual device to fly.
2. Hogwarts' Headmaster, Albus
Dumbledore, is a member of the Order of Merlin.
3. Minerva McGonagall is the strict
transfiguration professor who always seems to catch Harry at
Why is that a good first name for McGonagall?
4. Mrs. Mason screams like a banshee when
Ron's owl flies through the dinner party.
5. G. Lockhart wrote a book entitled
Year with a Yeti.
6. Ron and Harry are not the only guys to
get around with special dust.
7. Mr. Borgin, the shop keeper, wears pince-nez. What are they?
8. According to legend, what
happens when you dig up a mandrake root?
9. Go to YourDictionary.com - Use Lookup to find words in the online dictionary.
Ron's car crashes into the Whomping
How is that a good name for the
"Whomping Willow" is an example of - simile, alliteration, onomatopoeia or antonyms.
10. Percy Wesley is a Prefect at Hogwarts. What does a Prefect do at this real school?
11. According to Greek legend how long could Fawkes exist?
12. Aragog was an enormous spider who
Use it: How could you use this webby idea to solve a problem?
13. Here are pictures of the covers of
the Harry Potter books sold in many different countries.
Why do you think this happen?
14. Math Challenge:
Eton College is a private boarding school in England. How long has Eton been in existence?
Compare this to your school. Which is older? What is the difference?
"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." ~ Professor Albus Dumbledore
Done already? Good for you!
Make a literature based hunt based on another story
Make a Plot Timeline based on the story
Try the Harry Potter Word Search online http://www.surfnetkids.com/games/harrypotter-ws.htm
If you want to explore more Harry Potter web resources check out this terrific collection by Midge Frazel.
Explore J.K Rowling's website http://www.jkrowling.com/
Take the Legend Knowledge challenge. http://www.greatauk.com/wqlegends.html
* Make a Book Trailer with Photo Story 3 free software and free tutorial
Internet Hunts / Nature / Plants and People / Computers / Pennsylvanians / Puzzles & Projects / Site map / Home