Directions: Use the links (colored underlined words) provided to visit web sites and find the answers to the questions.
To return to this hunt page: hold down on the Back button until the drop down menu opens. Select the hunt's web page.
1. Born December 5th, his "Mousterpieces" include "Steamboat
Willie" and "Snow White".
List one interesting fact about him.
2. Mr. Wright made an important entry in his diary about his activities on December 17, 1903.
3. List three things to do if you are really lost.
4. By December
15, 1791, 3/4ths of the states had ratified the first 10 amendments
to the U.S. Constitution.
Write one of these amendments, in your own words.
Find the answer using an Internet search engine.
5. December 26th is Boxing Day in some countries. What happens there on Boxing Day?
6. December 27th is the birthday of a man whose work has
saved many lives.
What common beverage is pasteurized? Why?
7. Alfred Nobel died in December 1896. List two of his accomplishments.
8. Benjamin Franklin was the author and publisher of Poor
Richard's Almanack. The first copy was published in 1733.
Think about it. He is not really talking about dogs. What does that saying mean?
9. On the second Sunday of December, hundreds of people
gather beneath this
What is the species of the biggest evergreen tree in your state? National Register of Big Trees
10. For over 100 years, volunteer Citizen Scientists have been doing something challenging each December.
11. In December, Canada enters the winter season. What season is it in Argentina?
12. He was born December
26, 1791. The tool you are using to do this activity has its roots
in his work.
Name one Nobel Laureate who was awarded the prize this year. Which prize did the person win? Use your online research skills to find the answer.
Food for thought. Name a student in your class
or your school who deserves a nomination for a Nobel Peace Prize.
"Who controls the past commands the future. Who commands the future conquers the past." - George Orwell
Explore the Pearl Harbor story
Do you have a bird feeder you can see from a window? Consider participating in Project Feeder Watch.
December is a month rich in various traditions. Become better informed by doing this December Holidays Facts Hunt.
Challenged by Math or science? Try the free videos at Khan Academy. They start at the beginning. You can watch them many times.
StoryCorps - listen to compelling personal stories
Internet Hunts / Nature / Computers / Pennsylvania Projects / Plants and People / Puzzles & Projects / Site map / Home
2001 Cindy O'Hora Updated 11/2017, Posted 12/2001
Save a tree - use a Digital Answer Sheet: Highlight the text of the questions on this web page, copy them - Edit .. Copy. Open a text document or word processing document. Paste the questions into the blank document. Answer the questions in the word processing document in a contrasting color ( not yellow) or font (avoid fancy fonts like: , Symbol, or . Save frequently as you work. I do not like losing my work. You will not like it either. Put your name and the date in a header. Bad things happen. Retain a copy of your work on your computer. Submit your assignment via a class electronic drop box or email attachment.
Proof your responses. It is funny how speling errors and typeos sneak in to the bets work. Make Your Own Printed answer sheet