Among the Hidden Internet Hunt
Directions: Click the linked words to go to a site with the question's
answer. Although the answer is often on the page you are linked to,
1. In the story, Luke lost all his freedom to go outside.
This was the result of the government
2. Read this website's information called "What is a "public use"?" .
Why or Why not?
3. Luke pictures the government as a big, mean fat person
that is 2 or 3 times as tall as a regular person.
4. Use an online dictionary to define these words found in the story.
Creative Challenge - Write a single sentence that uses all four of these words.
5. Jen selects the word "free" as her password. Does it meet the rules of a "strong" password?
Use the guidelines for a good password to make another password for Jen.
6. Jen suggests to Luke that he carry a sign that reads
"Give me liberty or give me death."
What situation was this patriot referring to?
7. Jen's father describes himself as a persona non grata. What does that mean?
8. What are the differences between a constitutional government and a totalitarian government?
Use your online research skills to find facts that assist you in developing your answer.
Which describes the government in the story?
9. What vitamin deficiency did Luke probably have as a result of how he lived?
What are the symptoms of this illness?
10. Read 3 of these reviews of Among the Hidden.
Select one. Do you agree or disagree with the review? Support your answer.
11. As a teen, what did author, Margaret Peterson Haddix, like to do in the summer? Do some research to learn the answer.
12. List the jobs the author has held. About Margaret Peterson Haddix
Find out more:
* Compare and Contrast forms of government activity
* Read or listen to Tomorrow
Will Be a Better Day.
* Make a Book Trailer with Photo Story 3 free software and free tutorial
Internet Hunts / Nature / Pennsylvania Projects / Problem based Learning / Civics & History / Computers / Puzzles & Projects / Site map / Home
All trademarks, copyright and logos belong to their respective owners.
©8/2002 Cindy O'Hora
All Rights Reserved.
Save a tree use a Digital Answer Format - Highlight the text. Copy it. Paste it in a word processing document. Save the document in your folder. Answer on the word processing document in a contrasting color (not yellow) or font (avoid fancy ones like: Symbol, , ). Save regularly as you work. Enter your name and the date in a document header. Submit your assignment via an electronic class drop box or email attachment. Bad things sometimes happen. Save a copy of your work on your computer. Make Your Own Printed answer sheet.
Proof your responses. It is funny how speling errors and typeos sneak in to the bets work.
Tech Tip: Working in a group or in two different places like the library & home? You do not have to be physically together to work together.